By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, method, and decode space-based navigation signs, reminiscent of these supplied through the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding want for a unified open platform that would let stronger receiver improvement and layout, in addition to comparatively cheap checking out approaches for varied functions. This publication supply hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this speedily turning out to be field.
One of the original gains of the paintings is the interactive strategy used, giving readers the power to build their very own worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build this type of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors talk about receiver structure in keeping with software-defined radio (SDR) thoughts. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, easy kind and is going from the fundamentals to state of the art research.
Additional gains and subject matters include:
* Presentation of simple sign buildings utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of other tools of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency house seek; and parallel-code part search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation info decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver carried out utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter a variety of parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the fabric lined within the booklet: supplementary front-end equipment—which could be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX approach to generate real-world facts via changing analog signs to electronic signals
* Supplementary direction fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of modern effects and complete index
The publication is geared toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in numerous GPS know-how and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for a person operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read Online or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Best geology books
Memoir 25. Earth, Water, Ice and hearth: two hundred Years of Geological learn within the English Lake District. a close research of geological study within the Lake District from the tip of the 18th century to the top of 2000. This quantity indicates, via ancient exposition, how the fashionable figuring out of the stratigraphy and the geological heritage and constitution of a selected area has been accomplished.
From never-ending sand dunes and prickly cacti to shimmering mirages and eco-friendly oases, deserts evoke contradictory photos in us. they're lands of desolation, but in addition of romance, of blistering Mojave warmth and biting Gobi chilly. protecting 1 / 4 of the earth’s land mass and offering a house to part a thousand million humans, they're either a actual fact and landscapes of the brain.
- Introduction to Water in California : Updated with a New Preface
- Vein type uranium deposits : report of the Working Group on Uranium Geology
- Coherent Flow Structures at Earth's Surface
- Geologia Argentina
- Sons (Good Earth Trilogy, Vol 2)
Extra info for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
That is, for two codes C i and C k for satellites i and k, the cross correlation can be written as 1022 rik (m) = C i (l)C k (l + m) ≈ 0 for all m. 8) l=0 Nearly no correlation except for zero lag All C/A are nearly uncorrelated with themselves, except for zero lag. This property makes it easy to ﬁnd out when two similar codes are perfectly aligned. The autocorrelation property for satellite k can be written as 1022 rkk (m) = C k (l)C k (l + m) ≈ 0 for |m| ≥ 1. 6 shows an example of the auto- and cross-correlation properties of the C/A code.
In this case, n equals 10. The remaining values satisfy the following inequality, Gold (1967): |rkk | ≤ 2(n+2)/2 + 1. 11) |rkk | ≤ 65. 11). 4 Doppler Frequency Shift In GPS we are faced with a Doppler frequency shift caused by the motion of the transmitter (satellite) relative to the GPS receiver. The Doppler frequency shift affects both the acquisition and tracking of the GPS signal. For a stationary GPS receiver the maximum Doppler frequency shift for the L1 frequency is around ±5 kHz and for a GPS receiver moving at high speed it is reasonable to assume that the maximum Doppler shift is ±10 kHz.
Noncausal systems do not satisfy the condition given above. Moreover, they do not exist in a real world but can be approximated by the use of time delay. The classiﬁcation of continuous-time systems easily carries over to discretetime systems. Here the input and output signals are sequences, and the system maps the input sequence x(n) into the output sequence y(n). A simple example of a discrete-time linear system is a system that is a linear combination of the present and two past inputs. 10. 9.